Data Privacy Statement of Biedermann GmbH, Im Schollengarten 7, 76646 Bruchsal
The company Biedermann GmbH takes the protection of your personal data seriously and complies with the statutory data protection regulations. Personal data is only collected to the technically required extent on this website. The collected data is neither sold nor disclosed to third parties for any other reasons.
The following Privacy Statement will provide an overview on how we guarantee this protection and which types of data are collected for which purpose.
§ 1 Name and contact data of the Controller and the Company Data Protection Officer
Controller pursuant to Art. 4(7) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Biedermann GmbH, Im Schollengarten 7, 76646 Bruchsal, represented by Alexander Wilser, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +49 (0)72 57 / 92 96-0, Fax +49 (0)72 57 / 92 96-29.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer, Mr. Andreas Lingenfelser, at the above address with the addition ”The Data Protection Officer“ or on the email address email@example.com.
§ 2 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) Below, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data includes all data which can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) If you contact us via e-mail or via a contact form, we will store the data provided by you (your e-mail address and, if necessary, your name and phone number) in order to answer your questions. The data that were provided in this context will be deleted by us after the storage of such data is no longer required, or, in case legal retention periods apply, we will restrict the processing of such data.
(3) If we make use of contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or if we intend to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in more detail below about the corresponding activities. We will also indicate the criteria established by us concerning the storage time.
§ 3 Your rights
You may assert the following rights towards us with regard to the personal data relating to you:
• pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR to request information regarding your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can obtain information about the purposes of the processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged storage time, the existence of a right of rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of personal data or objection to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint, information as to the source of your data, if such data was not collected by us, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information as to their details;
• pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR to request the rectification of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored with us without undue delay;
• pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR to request the erasure of your personal data stored with us, unless the processing is required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
• pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, provided you contest the accuracy of the personal data, the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of such data and we no longer require the personal data, but such data are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to its processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
• pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request the transmission of such data to another controller;
• pursuant to Art. 7(3) GDPR to withdraw at any time your consent given to us. This means that we are no longer allowed to perform the processing of data based on such consent in the future, and
• pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a general rule, you may lodge the complaint with the supervisory authority competent for your habitual residence or your place of work or our registered office.
§ 4 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When you merely use the website for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will not collect any personal data, except for the data sent by your browser to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security. (The legal basis is Art. 6(1), clause 1, letter f GDPR):
(2) The aforementioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
(3) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk and allocated to the browser you are using. The party responsible for storing the cookie (in this case us) will be supplied with certain information. Cookies cannot run programmes or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the website more user-friendly and efficient on the whole.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies and/or comparable software, the scope and functioning of which are explained below:
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include in particular the session cookies. They store a so-called session ID which can be used to allocate different requests of your browser to the joint session. In this way, your computer can be recognised when you return to the website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or when you close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can use the security settings of your browser to delete the cookies at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
f) The Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your end device. These objects store the required data independently of the browser used and do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not wish the Flash cookies to be processed, you must install a corresponding add-on, e.g. ”Better Privacy“ for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using the private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and your browser history manually.
(4) Furthermore, we use analytics services when you visit our website. A detailed explanation can be found below.
§ 5 Use of our contact form
(1) For enquiries of any kind, you can make use of the contact form provided on our website. To use this form, you need to provide a valid e-mail address so that we know who is making the enquiry and so that we can send you our reply. Any other information is provided voluntarily.
(2) We process data provided for the purpose of establishing contact in accordance with Article 6(1), clause 1, letter a GDPR, based on your freely given consent.
(3) The personal data we collect for the use of our contact form will be automatically deleted after the services in answer to your enquiry have ended.
§ 6 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services (e.g. newsletter) which you can use if you are interested. As a rule, you must provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These service providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, they are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer conclusions of contracts or similar services together with partners. For more information, please provide your personal data or see the description of the offer below.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§ 7 Use of our portal
(1) If you want to use our portal, you will need to register by providing your e-mail address and a password and username of your choice. You are not obligated to use your real name and you can therefore choose to use a nickname. When you register to use the portal, we use the so-called double opt-in method, meaning that your registration will not be complete until you confirm it by clicking on the corresponding link in the confirmation e-mail that you will receive after submitting your registration. If you do not confirm your registration within [24 hours], it will be automatically deleted from our database. It is mandatory that you provide the aforementioned data. Any other information is provided voluntarily by using our portal.
(2) When you use our portal, we store your data required for the purpose of execution of the contract, including information regarding your payment method, until you delete your access data for good. We also store the data you provide voluntarily for the duration of your use of the portal unless you delete these data. You can administer and amend all data provided in the protected customer area. The legal basis is Art. 6(1), clause 1, letter f GDPR.
(3) When you use the portal, your data may be made accessible to other users of the portal in accordance with the contractual service. Users who are not registered members will not receive any information about you. Your [username and photo] are visible to all registered members irrespective of whether you have chosen to share them. Your entire profile containing the data that you have chosen to share, on the other hand, is visible to all members whom you have confirmed as personal contacts. If you provide your personal contacts with access to content that you do not send via a private message, this content can be viewed by third parties if your personal contact decides to share it. If you publish posts in public groups, these will be visible to all registered members using the portal.
(4) The connection to the portal is encrypted using TLS technology in order to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data, especially financial data, by third parties.
§ 8 Disclosure of data
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties for any purposes other than those listed below. We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
§ 9 Objection to or revocation of the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such a revocation affects the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have given it to us.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if processing is not necessary in particular to fulfil a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions. When exercising such objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
(3) You may of course object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising at any time.
(4) You can inform us about your objection at the following contact details: Biedermann GmbH, Im Schollengarten 7, 76646 Bruchsal, firstname.lastname@example.org.
§ 10 Use of analytics programmes
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, allowing the website to analyse your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie on your use of this website will normally be transmitted to a Google server in the United States and stored there. If IP anonymisation is activated on this website, however, your IP address will be truncated by Google within a member state of the European Union or within any other country which is a party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the United States and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for purposes of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activities and providing the website operator with other services relating to website use and internet usage.
(2) The IP address transferred by your browser during the use of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all functions of this website in their entirety. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of data that is generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) for Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. As a result, IP addresses are processed in a shortened form and direct references to people can be excluded. As far as the data collected about you is personal, it will be excluded immediately and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. Through the statistics gained, we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the United States, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6(1), clause 1, letter f GDPR.
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for a device-independent analysis of visitor flows, which is carried out via a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage in your customer account under "My data", "Personal data".
§ 11 Online advertising, Google AdSense
(1) This website uses the online advertising service Google AdSense, which aims to present you with advertisements designed to suit your interests. We are interested in showing you advertisements that may be of interest to you in order to make our website more interesting to you. It collects statistical information about you, which is processed by our advertising partners. These ads can be seen by the „Google ads“ reference in the ad.
(2) By visiting our website, Google receives the information that you have accessed our website. Google uses a web beacon to place a cookie on your computer. The data mentioned in § 3 of this Privacy Statement will be transmitted. We have no influence on the collected data, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection and the duration of storage. Your data will be transmitted to the United States and evaluated there. If you are logged in with your Google account, your data can be assigned directly to it. If you do not want to be assigned with your Google profile, you will need to log out. It is possible that this data may be shared with Google’s contractors and third parties and agencies. The legal basis for the processing of your data is Article 6(1), clause 1, letter f GDPR. This website has also activated Google AdSense advertisements from third-party providers. The data specified above can be transmitted to these third-party providers (a list of which can be found at https://support.google.com/dfp_sb/answer/94149).]
(3) You can use one of a number of different options to prevent Google AdSense from installing cookies on your computer, namely:
a) by changing the corresponding setting in your browser software, especially by blocking third-party cookies in order to ensure you do not receive any advertisements from third-party providers;
b) by deactivating interest-based advertisements from Google via the link http://www.google.de/ads/preferences, although this setting will be deleted if you delete your cookies;
c) by deactivating the interest-based advertisements of providers involved in the "About Ads" consumer choice campaign via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, although this setting will be deleted if you delete your cookies;
d) by permanently deleting advertising cookies in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browser via the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. You should, however, be aware that by doing so, you may not be able to make full use of all of the functions of this offer.
§ 12 Use of Google AdWords Conversion Tracking
We use the “Google AdWords” online advertisement programme and, in the context of Google AdWords, conversion tracking tools. Google Conversion Tracking is an analytics service provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; “Google”). If you click on any advertisements displayed by Google, a conversion tracking cookie is installed on your computer. These cookies become invalid after 30 days, they do not contain personal data and serve no personal identification purposes.
If you visit certain pages on our Website and if the cookie is still valid, Google and we recognise that you clicked on the advertisement and were transferred to this website. Each Google AdWords customer is assigned another cookie so that is it impossible to trace cookies back through websites from AdWords customers.
Information collected through conversion cookies have the purpose of creating conversion statistics for AdWords customers who opted for the conversion tracking service. The customers get to know the total number of users who clicked on the advertisement and who were transferred to pages having a conversion tracking tag. However, they receive no information through which they can identify any users.
If you do not want to participate in this tracking service, you may reject their usage by preventing cookie installation based on your browser settings (option for deactivation). If you do so, you will not be included in conversion tracking statistics. For more information and the Google Data Privacy Statement, please refer to: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/, http://www.google.de/policies/privacy/
§ 13 Data security
(1) For the security of visits to our website, we employ the widely used SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the highest encryption level that your browser supports. In most cases, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, then we will fall back on 128-bit v3 technology. Which of the pages on our website are transferred in encrypted form can be recognised by a symbol of a key or of a closed padlock in the lower status bar of your browser.
(2) We also employ suitable technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or access by unauthorised third parties. Our security measures are continually improved in accordance with the development of technical standards.
Your Biedermann GmbH